So here I am today, the first day in forever that hasn't been a frenzy of activity from the moment the day starts.
I've eased nicely into this day and I'm getting through all the stuff that I've had outstanding for a while now when suddenly I feel the urge to google myself- I know, I'm strange like that.
I was pleasantly surprised to find one or two mentions other than my Linked-in profile and Facebook page. Interestingly though, none of the images attached to my name are of me- which I'm actually pleased about. I am officially a woman of mystery! A couple of mentions and no photo- just enough info to pique your curiosity but not enough to be considered overexposure.
From there I get the urge to google my late father- he's been on my mind a lot lately- probably because it's just gone past the 10 year mark since he passed, and he has a posthumous birthday coming up in the not-too distant future. Anyways, that search leads me to a blog I wrote about cancer- I'm giving it the little c, not the big C.
So there's the story of how I happen to be writing a post this morning.
Remind me again why I don't do this more often? I love to write but lack the discipline-that's why!
Today I'm hopeful. I'm hopeful that Nigeria will work better as a nation.
I'm hopeful that hard work will be rewarded and Kings' hearts will be touched.
I'm hopeful that my sons will grow up to be strong, productive, god-fearing young men.
I'm hopeful that the growth that I sense within me and my critical relationships will continue to flourish.
I'm hopeful that I become less of a procrastinator and more of a Just-do-it girl!
Today, I'm just filled with hope. I'm filled with a sense of endless possibilities.
I'm going to ride that wave of hope into fruition.
I'm looking at an invite to an event which may be a fantastic networking opportunity at a high profile event or a time waster organized by a chancer- hard to tell at this point. I'll do my research and hope it's the former rather than the latter.
Have a great week filled with hope. I will!
No comments:
Post a Comment